Parents or guardians are responsible for ensuring that the Daycare has up-to-date name and telephone numbers of people who will be available in the case of an emergency. It is extremely important that this information is shared with their children.
Parents/guardians must inform the Daycare, in writing, of any other person who is allowed to pick-up their child. That person will be required to show photo ID as confirmation of their identity.
Parents/guardians will be notified at once of any significant accident. If they cannot be reached, the emergency number will be called. If the accident is severe and the Daycare Technician decides that the child should receive medical attention, a staff member will accompany the child to the local hospital. Parents or the emergency contact will be advised so that they can meet the staff member there.
Should an ambulance be required, it is the parent’s responsibility to defray the cost.
Please Note: The only health and accident insurance that applies to students is the normal Quebec Health Insurance Plan. The School Board does not carry additional coverage for injuries or illnesses that may occur at the school and could lead to ambulance transportation, dental care or any other expenses no covered by Quebec Medicare. Parents should ensure that they care coverage against these eventualities.
If a child requires prescription medication:
- A release form must be obtained from the office, competed and signed before any medication will be administered
- Only medication prescribed by a doctor will be administered
- The prescription or a copy must be left at the office
- Parents must bring the prescription medicine to the office
- Over the counter medicine of any kind is prohibited at school
- It is important that the Daycare staff be aware of any serious healthy problems such as: allergies, Diabetes, Asthma, migraines etc.